[Rd] Dependency problem for "hasArg"

Charlie Friedemann cfriedem at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:23:18 CEST 2012

The error message you are getting makes it rather clear what the problem is.
R is unable to find the function 'hasArg'.  As the hasArg function is part
of the package 'methods', a solution would be to put require(methods) at the
beginning of your script.

For whatever reason, loading R via Rscript does not load the base package
"methods" whereas loading the R console does. I'm not entirely sure why this
is the case, and I'm sure someone who knows more about the differences
between the two could chime in here.