[Rd] Ignore user interrupts

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon Jan 23 17:46:54 CET 2012

Is there a way to suspend user interrupts for the duration of a function
call? There is a point in one of my packages where values are being written
to a Filehash database. If the user is unlucky enough to send an interrupt
while this code is active, then they have to:

  - Hunt down a lock file and dispose of it before the package will work
again.

  - Possibly trash the Filehash database and start over if the interrupt
caused R to leave the database file in a corrupted state.

Is there something analogous to the C macros
BEGIN_SUSPEND_INTERRUPTS/END_SUSPEND_INTERRUPTS that I can use at the R
level to delay interrupts until after critical code has executed?

If not, would it work to move the function call into a C function that uses
`eval` inside a block protected by BEGIN_SUSPEND_INTERRUPTS?

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate-- Environmental Resources Engineering
Humboldt State University