[Rd] package DESCRIPTION file and CRAN Task View entries?

Gavin Simpson gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 11:13:06 CET 2012

Apologies - it was a very busy week.

What you are seeing is CRAN sugar, processing the task views to identify
packages in the views. There is nothing that you as a packager can do to
get you package in a task view other than email the maintainer with a
request and brief description of the package's main features or text to
fit into the existing view.

I'll add rconifers to the ctv package sources later in the week and it
should start showing up on CRAN sometime after that.

All the best,

--
 Dr. Gavin Simpson             [t] +44 (0)20 7679 0522