[Rd] configure-args for R CMD build

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:41:54 CET 2012

When I build a package containing a vignette, the package gets
installed to build the vignette.  However, it appears that R CMD build
does not allow for --configure-args.  In my case, I have a C library
installed in a non-standard position, and I need to tell the package
where it is.  It works fine with R CMD INSTALL, but R CMD build

  Warning: unknown option

and the subsequent installation fails with an error.

Suggestion: allow R CMD build to accept --configure-args (and probably
also --configure-vars)