[Rd] rJava System.out / System.err & stacktraces

kapelner kapelner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:23:57 CET 2012

Hi,

Is there any way to initialize rJava so it can print System.out and
System.err to console? Also, is there any way to see stack traces? Otherwise
we're limited to just seeing:

> .jcall(machine, "V", "Build")
> .jcheck()
Error: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0

which doesn't tell me much about the problem nor where the problem occurred
in the Java code.

If there's no way to do this, I'm just going to have to send every
System.out/err statement in my code to a log file which is a very ugly way
of doing debugging.

Thanks,
Adam