[Rd] Jazzing up the Task Views index page

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Tue Feb 21 23:23:27 CET 2012

Actually I was also thinking about the R homepage last time when Barry
brought up this task view issue. The R website seems like an extreme
outlier among websites of many other programming languages. It is so
difficult to find another website today which still uses <frameset>,
and the whole site is almost plain text. Perhaps I have been pampered
by modern web designs. I wish I could do something about it, but I do
not have much spare time, and I do not know if R core is really
willing to change it. R is good at graphics, but the graphics in R
website...

Regards,
Yihui
--