[Rd] executable files R package

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri Feb 17 22:17:51 CET 2012

If you put your prebuilt.exe into a directory under the
'source' package's inst directory, say yourPkg/inst/executables/win32,
then the installed package will have them in in
yourPkg/executables/win32 and the user (via code you
write, presumably) can get the full path to the executable
in the installed package with
  system.file(package="yourPkg", "executables", "win32", "prebuilt.exe").
Paste the output of that into the command given to system().

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com