[Rd] requesting a new SIG mailing list

Dominik Reusser reusser at pik-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 15 09:07:21 CET 2012

Dear all,
I do think that joining efforts is a good idea. However, hydrologists will
probably not intuitively think about joining r-sig-ecology to discuss
hydrological issues. Could we therefore explicitely state on the infopage that
discussions to hydrology (in addition to general  environmental data) are also
welcome.

I don't think it is worth it, but probably the appropriate name would then be
r-sig-env for such a list? In the description, you are also refering to the
Environmetrics task list.

I'm wondering where we can make people aware of the fact, that hydrological
issues are discussed on r-sig-ecology. I'm going to ask Gavin Simpson to put
references to the list on the environmetrics task view if you agree that this
would be useful. Also, we can announce the mailing list during our R-short
course on hydrology at EGU. What else?

Best regards!
Dominik

--
Dr. Dominik Reusser

North-South Project
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
Research Domain 2: Climate Impacts & Vulnerabilities

Telephone +49 331 288 26 46
Fax            +49 331 288 20709

P.O.Box 60 12 03, 14412 Potsdam, Germany
Visiting adress: Pappelallee 20, 14469 Potsdam