[Rd] method using several (and different) arguments in turn

james.foadi at diamond.ac.uk james.foadi at diamond.ac.uk
Tue Feb 14 18:57:14 CET 2012

Dear Martin,
I could not entirely follow your suggestion.
I can see how you define two classes inheriting from TypeOfSample, and how these two
classes have two associated methods (incidentally, I'm unfamiliar with the:

           function(type,x=numeric(),...)to do.

expression. What is type?

But then I'm lost. I wouldn't know how to carry on from here.

I don't know if I have explained the key point clear enough before. For the person using
"newsample" it makes sense which name (x or y or z, etc) is used. newsample(x=12.4) would
give something different from newsample(y=12.4); and yet another result would be obtained if
using a combination, like newsample(x=12.4,y=12.4).

I wanted to use a simple function with default values at first, but I'm in the middle of developing
a package using S4 formalism. I'm not sure this would be a wise thing