[Rd] Task views

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 19:38:10 CET 2012

On 12-02-11 01:10 PM, Uwe Ligges wrote:
> On 11.02.2012 18:55, Patrick Burns wrote:

>>> Why is it necessary over and over again to point to the Optimization
>>> Task
>>> View?
>> Now it could be that people are not trying
>> very hard to solve their own problems, but
>> to be fair it is a pretty gruelling process
>> to find the Task Views.
>>
>> May I suggest that there be a "Task Views" item
>> on the left sidebar of the R website in the
>> Documentation section?
>>
> It is in the left side bar of CRAN already.
>
> Uwe

Yes, on CRAN but not on the R Homepage. I do agree with Hans that people
do not seem to find it easily. One reason may be the term "Task Views"
is fine once you know what it is, but it is not completely self
explanatory, so you have to look to see what it is. Thus, a bit like
reading documentation, people do not always do it. Perhaps a bullet in
"Getting Started" would help?

Paul