[Rd] Creating XML document extremely slow

Titus von der Malsburg malsburg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:53:21 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Friedrich Leisch wrote:
> Have you considered simply writing the XML using standard functions
> like cat() and friends? That can be much faster than creating an XML
> object and writing that out (have just done that to write exams into
> our e-learning platform via XML).

Friedrich, thanks for your response.  Since my current XML document is
fairly simple, I could of course just paste some pre-fabricated
strings together.  For more complex documents this would however not
be a satisfying solution.

The reason I though I should ask on the list is that it seems to me
that the extremely poor performance could be due to a bug in the XML
package.

  Titus