[Rd] Canonical package directory name for JAR files?

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Feb 8 23:12:17 CET 2012

We don't "mandate" a given JDK (including the compiler,
javac), but we do supply the JRE.  We do require that the
java compiler be able to produce code that the JRE accepts
(we test-run javac with a variety of common version-type
flags to try to find one that works with our JRE).

It is source:pkg/java/{src,prebuiltjars,Makevars} -> binary:pkg/jars,
roughly parallel with source:pkg/src -> binary:pkg/libs.

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com