[Rd] Arrays Partial unserialization

Damien Georges damien.georges2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:47:48 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm working with some huge array in R and I need to load several ones to
apply some functions that requires to have all my arrays values for each
cell...

To make it possible, I would like to load only a part (for example 100
cells) of all my arrays, apply my function, delete all cells loaded,
loaded following cells and so on.

Is it possible to unserialize (or load) only a defined part of an R array ?
Do you know some tools that might help me?

Finally, I did lot of research to find the way array (and all other R
object) are serialized into binary object, but I found nothing
explaining really algorithms involved. If someone has some information
on this topic, I'm interesting in.

Hoping my request is understandable,

All the best,

Damien.G