[Rd] include dll in R-package

LIYING HUANG lxh37 at psu.edu
Fri Aug 24 15:06:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

We have several projects in the center done by researchers over years
in Fortran, there are copy right issues etc to prevent us from
giving away the source codes, but a lot of social scientist are
interested to use the program. We tried to use dlls to make plugins
(available in our website) in various statistics platforms
(SAS, STATA and R) to make it available to general public.

We used to be able to build R package using dll on version R-2.7.0,
, but failed to build with newer R version with the same source.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

When I try to build R package for newer version of R, I could build
to get "lcca_1.0.0.tar.gz", but when I "R CMD check lcca_1.0.0.tar.gz",
I got error message as:

* using log directory 'D:/project/LCCA/lcca.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
* using platform: i386-pc-mingw32 (32-bit)
* using session charset: ISO8859-1
* checking for file 'lcca/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package 'lcca' version '1.0.0'
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for executable files ... WARNING
Found the following executable file(s):
  libs/lcca.dll
Source packages should not contain undeclared executable files.
See section 'Package structure' in the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.
* checking whether package 'lcca' can be installed ... ERROR
Installation failed.
See 'D:/project/LCCA/lcca.Rcheck/00install.out' for details.

and the message in 00install.out is:

* installing *source* package 'lcca' ...
** R
** data
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
  DLL 'lcca' not found: maybe not installed for this architecture?
Error: loading failed
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed
* removing 'D:/project/LCCA/lcca.Rcheck/lcca'

Thanks a lot!
Liy