[Rd] Milestone: 4000 packages on CRAN

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Fri Aug 24 12:32:18 CEST 2012

... from which we deduce* that even the combination of the world's best statisticians and a system entirely under their control does not guarantee an unambiguous count.

Anyone out there still think statistics are easy?

Even so, 4000 plus or minus a few says a great deal for the R project's impact

S Ellison

*with limited accuracy but some entertainment