[Rd] Build from Source fails on Loading required package Matrix

Dan Murphy chiefmurphy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:53:36 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Simon Urbanek
<simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> On Aug 15, 2012, at 10:54 AM, Dan Murphy <chiefmurphy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > I am building R 2.15.1 from source on a Windows 7 machine with the x64
> > toolset, MixTeX, and InnoSetup per
> > http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/. I obtained the source for
> > 2.15.1 via svn from https://svn.r-project.org/R/branches/R-2-15-branch/.
>
> Did you also rsync the recommended packages? They are not in the SVN. If
> in doubt, use released source tar balls.
>
> Cheers,
> Simon

Thanks, Simon. I should have mentioned that as well. Yes, I did "make
rsync-recommended" per Chapter 3 of the manual and that worked without
error.

I first inadvertently had tried to build the 2.16 version in /trunk
and got that "undefined exports" error, then switched to the
/R-2-15-branch when I realized /trunk held the development version.

In between the two svn checkouts, I had tried the source tar ball at
the link  R-2.15.1.tar.gz. That terminated much sooner in the build,
which I thought could have resulted from me using 7-Zip on the tar
ball (lacking a windows version of your tar), so I went back to the
subversion checkout method.