[Rd] INDEX rdb and rdx files

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Thu Aug 2 11:22:13 CEST 2012

On Thursday 02 August 2012 09:39:18 peter dalgaard wrote:

> I think you need to read the Installation and Administration manual:
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/manuals.html

thanks
but if you mean this
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installation

I have studied it  and I have not seen anything pretaining to using R on the
command line to generat INDEX files. nor  rdb/rdx files

The closest  I came was an email to a list in 2006  which discussed  the
latter
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2006-September/042700.html

and  this from 2003 pretaining to INDEX files
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2003-October/040862.html

So I am still unclear IF  one downloads an archived package and UNPACK it; if
there are THEN  options to pass to R to generate INDEX files and  rdb/rdx
files.

Are there?

sincerely
luxInteg