[Rd] Specifying a function as not being and S3 Class function

Matt Pocernich mpocernich at neptuneinc.org
Tue Apr 24 17:33:49 CEST 2012

I am compiling a library with legacy code which has functions named with periods in the names - but are not S3 class functions.    For example for example,  summary.agriculture is not an extension of the summary function for and 'agriculture. class object - it is just poorly named.

Is it possible to  keep from triggering the following warning when I check the package?

* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING

summary:
  function(object, ...)
summary.agriculture:
  function(x, analyte.names, results.col, analyte.col, by, det.col,
           iQuantiles, iDetStats, iSW, iUCL, iLand, conf.level, iUTL,
           tol.level, utl.conf.level, iND, sig.figs)

I know that the best answer would be to rename with a better naming convention, but that would cause issues with legacy applications.

Thanks,

Matt