[Rd] I wish xlim=c(0, NA) would work. How about I send you a patch?

ghostwheel lachmann at eva.mpg.de
Mon Apr 23 15:24:15 CEST 2012

I have also often longed for such a shortcut.

The problem is that most often, my plot statements do not look like this:
plot(y)

but instead like this:
plot( some_very_long_expression_involving(x),
some_other_very_long_expression_involving(x) )

And since I'm working with a GUI, I often go up and change this or that
expression.
Then it starts to be ugly to have to work with
range(pretty(ugly_expressions())). Of course, I could always do
x=some_very_long_expression, y=some_other_very_long_expression; plot(x,y)

Another possible solution would be to use:
plot(x,y, ylim=c(min=9) )
in order to identify which limit I'd like to set. That shouldn't usually
mess up anything, right?

Michael