[Rd] I wish xlim=c(0, NA) would work. How about I send you a patch?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:13:59 CEST 2012

On 12-04-16 1:52 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'm looking for an R mentor.  I want to propose a change in management
> of plot options xlim and ylim.

Your suggestion sounds reasonable, but because plot limits are such a
commonly used parameter, it would have to be done quite carefully.  The
questions I'd ask before implementing it are:

  - Are there other locations besides plot.default where xlim and ylim
are specified?  I'd like to have them updated consistently.

  - Are there any conflicting uses of NA for a limit in published packages?

  - Which package authors would need to be told about this change, so
they could make a compatible change?

  - Where does it need to be documented?

Duncan Murdoch