[Rd] [patch] giving library() a 'version' argument

Ken Williams Ken.Williams at windlogics.com
Thu Apr 12 16:24:20 CEST 2012

That is unfortunate.  So such a mechanism would need to use a different argument name.

For completeness in this thread, I dug up the fact that it seems to have been removed in the 2.9.0 release:

    o   Support for versioned installs (R CMD INSTALL --with-package-versions
        and install.packages(installWithVers = TRUE)) has been removed.
        Packages installed with versioned names will be ignored.

I'll address Duncan's concerns in a separate message.

 -Ken

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the s...{{dropped:7}}