[Rd] "could not find function" after import

steven mosher moshersteven at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 18:57:45 CEST 2011

Duncan

I have a related question.

I need one function from R.utils.  But R.utils depends on R.oo and  R.methodsS3.
so I made R.util an import and then used importFrom() in the namespace.

The package passed the  "check".  However when it came to use the function
it had not been loaded? do I need to add the upstream packages that
R.util  depends
upon?  also in the code do I need a library or require?

A bit confused

Steve