[Rd] R CMD check file issues

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:33:03 CEST 2011

On 11-09-22 8:30 AM, Nick Sabbe wrote:
> Hi Duncan (and others).
>
> I've just turned off my virus scanner (MS Forefront Endpoint Protection).
>
> The issue persists. It appears that the first time I call R CMD check, it
> deletes the previous rcheck folder, but tries to proceed before it is
> actually gone. By the time I reissue the command, the folder is truly gone,
> and the R CMD check can safely do its work.
>
> Is anyone else here using Win7 (32bit) and successfully building/checking R
> packages? Perhaps I'm the only one who has treaded this path :-)

I do use Win7 on one machine, and have seen odd things happen, but not
what you describe.

I imagine a simple workaround for you would be to delete the folder
before you call R CMD check (i.e. wrap R CMD check in a batch file to do
that), but it would be nice if that were not necessary.

Duncan Murdoch