[Rd] Is it possible to pass a function argument from R to compiled code in C?

Alireza Mahani alireza.s.mahani at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 19:26:35 CEST 2011

I have a function in R that takes another function as argument:

f <- function(g, ...) { #g is expected to be a function
}

I want to see if there is a way to implement "f" in C and calling it from R
using ".C" interface. I know that I can use function pointers for my C
implementation, but I imagine it's going to be nearly impossible to pass a
function from R to C. Are there any exact or approximate solutions
available?

Thank you,
Alireza Mahani