[Rd] Please explain your workflow from R code -> package -> R code -> package

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Sep 9 19:05:27 CEST 2011

       I write the *.Rd file including examples that I use as unit tests
before I write the code.  Others criticize this approach insisting that
\examples is NOT a place for unit tests.  There are unit testing
protocols for R that I have not learned.  Instead, I rely on \dontshow
inside \examples.

       There are two documents on CRAN -> "Documentation:  Contributed"
entitled "Creating R Packages".  They might help.

       Hope this helps.
       Spencer