[Rd] mclust: modelNames("E") vs modelNames=("V")

Nico902 descostes at ciml.univ-mrs.fr
Sat Sep 3 17:17:03 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to use the library mclust for gaussian mixture on a numeric
vector. The function Mclust(data,G=3) is working fine but the fitting is not
optimal and is using modelNames="E". When I'm trying
Mclust(data,G=3,modelName="V") I have the following message:

Error in if (Sumry$G > 1) ans[c(orderedNames, "z")] else ans[orderedNames] :
  argument is of length zero
In addition: Warning message:
In pickBIC(object[as.character(G), modelNames, drop = FALSE], k = 3) :
  none of the selected models could be fitted

Using variable variance would fit my data better, any idea how to do it?

Thanks a lot.