[Rd] testing on platforms, was Fortran error

John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Mon Nov 21 14:17:54 CET 2011

I think the poster is interested in being able to try the build/check on a Mac in the
fashion that Winbuilder does. That is, rather than have CRAN do all the platform checks,
is there a way to submit a package to be tested for just one platform?

It may be useful to have such a facility so package builders can test before submission,
and from my own experience I believe would help to render packages more platform neutral.

I suspect that all the pieces are in place to do this, but perhaps a nice front end is
needed. Is that something for a Google Summer of Code task?

Best,

JN