[Rd] round() ignores missing arguments if it is used inside another function where some arguments are missing.

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:19:02 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Gavin Simpson <gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> round is indicated to not evaluate its arguments. I don't follow the C
> code well enough to know if it should be catching the missing argument
> further on - it must be because it is falling back to the default, but
> the above explains that the not evaluating arguments is intended.

So if I understand it right, the y argument is not evaluated in the
fun2 function but deeper in the C code. that explains the lack of the
error message, thanks! I keep on learning every day.
Cheers

Joris

--
Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics

tel : +32 9 264 59 87
Joris.Meys at Ugent.be