[Rd] CRAN: How to list a non-Sweave doc under "Vignettes:" on package page?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Mon Nov 7 02:51:23 CET 2011

Hi.

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Yihui Xie <xie at yihui.name> wrote:
> I have the same question. I wish vignettes which are shown in CRAN and
> the package documentation are not restricted to Sweave (or I missed
> something in the R-exts manual?). What I did in the past was to cheat
> Sweave by putting an Rnw document which is essentially a tex document
> (I used my own functions to compile Rnw to tex).

How CRAN behaves and how the help package system behaves may be two
different problems.  My question is specifically on how CRAN works.

To have inst/doc/ documents to be listed on the package's help page,
you can add an inst/doc/index.html file, cf. Section 'Writing package
vignettes' in 'Writing R Extensions'. You can use the following
index.html file as a template:

help.start();
url <- sprintf("http://127.0.0.1:%s/library/utils/doc/index.html",
tools:::httpdPort);