[Rd] Error in gzfile(file, mode) when checking a package with rcmd check

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sun Nov 6 18:46:47 CET 2011

Following Uwe Ligges' instructions (off list) I have updated Duncan
Murdoch's toolchain, with no effect. The trouble was solved when I moved
the package to a directory with a shorter path (U:\Documents and
Settings\pgiraudo\Bureau instead of U:\Documents and
Settings\pgiraudo\Mes documents\R\pgir_arch\pgirmess_arch\On work) and
then things went trough smoothly.

What puzzles me is that the "long" path did not make a problem until R
2.13.1 (this is the directory in which I worked since years for package
development) and that something seems to have happened after upgrading
to R 2.13.2

Anyway. The main thing: I have a way to package now.

Patrick