[Rd] R CMD check and error in an \Sexpr in an Rd file

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za
Thu Nov 3 15:49:26 CET 2011

On 03/11/2011 16:28, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 03/11/2011 10:21 AM, Renaud Gaujoux wrote:
>> Thank you Georgi.
>> With the fix \long the output is indeed consistent with the
>> documentation.
>> I think my use of cat() worked by luck as its output should not have
>> been rendered.
>>
>> Would a 'results=tex' (html, text) be possible? or 'results=source' that
>> could be combined with \if{format}{text}?
>> This would allow to generate custom Latex, or HTML code, but it might
>> also be is hazardous...
>
> Yes, that's possible.  See the manual, especially the section "2.12
> conditional text".
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Conditional text is possible, but latex or html code seem to be
preprocessed and escaped, or maybe I am not doing the right things.

To test:

%%%%%%%%
\name{Sexpr}
\alias{Sexpr}
\title{Error and verbatim in Sexpr}
\description{
     Testing Sexpr in Rd files

     \if{html}{\Sexpr[results=text, stage=render]{"<bold>text in
bold</bold>"}}
     \if{text}{\Sexpr[results=text, stage=render]{"_text in bold_"}}
     \if{latex}{\Sexpr[results=text, stage=render]{"\\\\textbf{text in
bold}"}}

}
%%%%%%%