[Rd] How to document man/*.Rd pages with images?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed May 11 22:35:56 CEST 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 4:16 PM, Thomas Roth wrote:

> Well, it takes 5 seconds on a regular notebook... which i have
>
> Basically there's small simulation going on, so if you don't need any simulation just  a small plot it will go in less then a second. Haven't seen any other solution :-)

Oh, my ... it's worse than I thought. Not only does it run things so you have to wait forever - it actually installs packages behind your back!  Wow, now there is the nightmare abuse of \Sexpr - the malicious package retrieves private data from your machine and deletes your files... and I was worrying about leaving a tiny crack open for Rhttpd injection attacks - yet there is a big gaping door open to all packages ... Does it mean we need more stringent checks on Rd files now as well since they contain code?

What is interesting, though, is that the code gets executed even if html is not the back-end (e.g., in terminal) .. is this a bug?

Cheers,