[Rd] Curry: proposed new functional programming, er, function.

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Wed May 4 19:11:17 CEST 2011

Byron Ellis-2 wrote:

> Hi all (especially R-core) I suppose,
>
> With the introduction of the new functional programming functions into
> base I thought I'd ask for a Curry() function. I use a simple one that
> looks this:
>
> Curry = function(FUN,...) { .orig = list(...);function(...)
> do.call(FUN,c(.orig,list(...))) }

I would like to see this as well---it is one of the functional programming
constructs I really miss in R after playing with languages like Haskell.

Currently, the only Curry implementation I know of is in the roxygen package
which is kind of a weird dependency to install just for this one function.

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate-- Environmental Resources Engineering
Humboldt State University