[Rd] tkrplot not working in R 2.13.0

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Wed May 4 17:46:40 CEST 2011

The tkrplot package is not working in version 2.13.0 for windows.  I contacted the maintainer who unfortunately does not have easy access to a windows computer and says that it is working on the other platforms.

I traced the problem down to the line in the .First.lib function:

.Tcl(paste("load", file, "Rplot"))

With file being "C:/Program Files/R/R-2.13.0/library/tkrplot/libs/i386/tkrplot.dll" on my system.  I did check that the file exists and it can even be loaded using dyn.load, but when running the .Tcl command by hand it produces the following error:

Error in structure(.External("dotTcl", ..., PACKAGE = "tcltk"), class = "tclObj") :
  [tcl] could not find interpreter "Rplot".

It works in previous versions of R, so I am guessing that this is due to some change in R, or the tcl with R 2.13.0, or how tkrplot was compiled under the new R, or possibly something else.

Does anyone else have any insights?

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] tcltk     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] TeachingDemos_2.7 tkrplot_0.0-19

[1] tools_2.13.0