[Rd] Wishlist: write R's bin path to the PATH variable and remove the version string in the installation dir under Windows

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Wed May 4 07:04:04 CEST 2011

Thanks! But I'm sorry this is not what I wanted. I just hope we can
call R as a command like we do under *nix -- this will make it easier
for *other* software packages to find R.

BTW, for the cmd package: if we were "evil" enough, we can directly
execute this in R to permanently set the PATH variable:

  system(paste('setx PATH "', normalizePath(R.home('bin')), ';',
Sys.getenv('PATH'), '"', sep = ''))

Nobody will feel comfortable with it, though.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>