[Rd] Wishlist: write R's bin path to the PATH variable and remove the version string in the installation dir under Windows

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Wed May 4 04:58:11 CEST 2011

1. I understand the efforts in those batch files, but my philosophy is
to let the users go through as less steps as they can. Since it is
possible to do it in R directly, I prefer not to download those batch
files and execute commands like R.bat CMD build or Rscript.bat file.R.
This requires extra explanations to users.

2. Yes I was fully aware of the usefulness of those batch files. I was
wishing for a direct solution.

Regards,
Yihui
--