[Rd] R CMD check and Suggests Packages

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Wed May 4 02:00:07 CEST 2011

Hello,

>If Dario really uses R 2.13.0 (or newer),
>and he gets the above error message for a package that is not
>required but only suggested,
>I think we'd need a clear, ideally simple,
>reproducible example, here.

I was able to reproduce it. I made a new package with package.skeleton(), then added Suggests: RepitoolsExamples to the DESCRIPTION file, and the result of check was :

* using log directory /home/darstr/testPackage.Rcheck
* using R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
* using platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)
* using session charset: UTF-8
* checking for file testPackage/DESCRIPTION ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package testPackage version 1.0
* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Package required but not available: RepitoolsExamples