[Rd] bug (or feature) in alpha 2.13?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 14:57:08 CEST 2011

On 11-03-27 7:42 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 11-03-26 7:41 PM, Norm Matloff wrote:
>>

>> The pattern (I can make a simple example if needed):
>>
>>      >   source("x.R")
>>      >   options(error=recover)
>>      >   x<- ...
>>      >   f(x)  # f() from x.R
>>         (subscript bounds error, now in recover())
>>      Selection: 1
>>      Browse[1]>   where
>>
>> In the output from "where," there should be information on the line
>> number at which the user code blew up.  It's there in 2.12, but not in
>> 2.13, from what I can see.
>
> That's not intentional.  I'll see what went wrong...
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Fixed now.  Because of the internal change to srcref records

       \item \code{"srcref"} attributes now include two additional
       line number values, recording the line numbers in the order they
       were parsed.

the code that saved the current location didn't recognize the record,
and skipped saving it.

Duncan Murdoch