[Rd] par(ask=TRUE) in R CMD check?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Sat Mar 12 16:22:59 CET 2011

Hello:

       What happens in the auto-checks on R-Forge and CRAN with code
using par(ask=TRUE)?

       Is this routine, or can it create problems?

       The fda package uses ask=TRUE to provide the user with a way to
examine a group of plots.  In the past, I've marked those tests in
\examples with \dontrun.  However, I wonder if that is necessary.  I
tried it on Windows using R 2.12.0 and R Tools from that version, and R
Tools seemed to supply all the mouse clicks required.  However, before I
"SVN Commit" to R-Forge, I felt a need to ask.

       Thanks,
       Spencer