[Rd] Newbie Rccp module question. "Failed to initialize module pointer"???

A Zege andre.zege at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 02:59:33 CET 2011

Dirk, thanks for your reply. I posted my answer right away and went on
vacation. My post was pending since then. Still cannot post, so I opened
another profile -- maybe this time it gets through.

To answer your questions, I run  R-2.12.1 on 64 bit RedHat Linux on Xeon
machine.
What seems odd that the error message i am getting refers to .GlobalEnv
package. The symbol it is looking for, _rcpp_module_boot_mod, is in shared
library for my package, i checked it with nm. Is there any doc on how
modules are implemented?