[Rd] (no subject)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Jun 28 17:31:58 CEST 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 9:58 AM, Michelle.Carey wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to write code in C for an R package. I need high precision
> in the form of the mpfr and gmp packages.

gmp is available as R package
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/gmp/index.html
do you really need it at a lower level than that?

> I have installed mpfr and gmp
> under the instructions of the following website
> http://pauillac.inria.fr/cdrom_a_graver/prog/pc/mpfr/eng.htm and I get
> no errors. I have put the header files (mpfr.h and gmp.h) in the folder
> C:\Program Files\R\R-2.13.0\include;

That doesn't sound right - the instructions you quote install in the default location which is presumably /usr/local so you should simply set your flags to use that location.

> allowing my c code to identify the
> header files by incorporating include<gmp.h> and include<mpfr.h>.
> Unfortunately when I try to include any of the functions listed in the
> header file I get compile error stating that these functions are
> undeclared,

That doesn't sound plausible, either - undeclared function don't cause errors (not in C). Undefined functions do and you have to make sure you link the libraries installed above.

> even though the source code is in the same directory as my c
> code that I am trying to compile.

That bears no meaning - as you said you installed the libraries, so you have to use those. Source code of gmp/mpfr has no effect on your code and should not be anywhere near it.

Cheers,
Simon