[Rd] CRAN package with dependencies on Bioconductor

Kornelius Rohmeyer kornelius.rohmeyer at small-projects.de
Sat Jun 11 09:10:28 CEST 2011

2011/6/11 Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk>:
> Note that until May 8 graph was a CRAN packge and the current version was
> 1.30.0.  So of course CRAN binary packages built between April 26 and May 8
> were built against the current CRAN version of graph, for any version of R.

Thanks for the notice! But if I am not wrong, a version of my package
that was published on May 26 and build therefore after the time period
specified by you still suffers from these version incompatibilities.
(Nevertheless it is of course possible that the problem is only caused
by the migration to Bioconductor and in this case less problematic and
only unfortunate in this one case). Perhaps the version downgrade of
the graph package caused problems?

So you say that the versions of Bioconductor packages on CRAN for
binary builds are already normally the same as you would get by
installing them as binaries from Bioconductor? (And btw. is there a
way to find out which versions of the dependent packages were used for
building a certain binary package?)

Thanks and best regards, Kornelius.