[Rd] Require of gWidgetsRGtk2 fails: RGtk2.dll can't be found, but it's there

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 13:00:10 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 6:04 AM, Janko Thyson
<janko.thyson.rstuff at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I've been trying to get gWidgets/gWidgetsRGtk2 to run every other month for
> a while, but somehow I simply can't figure out what's going wrong.

1. Use the automatically installed GTk2, not some other version.

2. Note that the automatically installed one will be at
...\GTk2-runtime\bin and that will be put at the *end* of your PATH.
Change it so that its at the beginning of your PATH to be sure its not
picking up something else.

3. If you are changing the path through the control panel and starting
R from the command line note that your new path won't be picked up in
old command line sessions so start a new command line session to start
R.

4. When you start a new R session double check that the automatically
installed ...\GTk2-runtime\bin is at the beginning of your path:

         strsplit(Sys.getenv("PATH"), ";")[[1]]

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.