[Rd] Overloading S4 methods

luke-tierney at uiowa.edu luke-tierney at uiowa.edu
Tue Jun 7 19:36:42 CEST 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, John Chambers wrote:

> Yes, Dylan is in many ways more authoritarian than R!  Possibly also with
> fewer users to be annoyed.

Huh? A convention in a programming book is more authoritarian than a
warning as you are proposing (not that I am opposed to that -- I think
it's probably idea)?

Number of users of Dylan is definitely smaller, especially now, but
level of academic-level CS involvement in language design is
not. There is a lot of work in that literature that really is worth
looking at.

Best,

luke