[Rd] Problem to execute a function loading by my package that I created

Po Pauline.Ferrouillat at hutton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 2 13:11:15 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm a beginner on R.

I should create a package on R. The name of my package is SGeMS.
In my package, I have a big program writed in C++. This program compiles in
C++. I put this program in SGeMS/src.
In my program, I added a header file and a source file named respectively
CreateFile.h and CreateFile.cpp.
CreateFile contains 5 functions : File, FileGeneral, FileData, FileVariogram
and FileDistribution.

I use the package Rcpp to compile this. So in CreateFile.h, I added
'RcppExport' in front of all the functions.
I compiled my package with R CMD INSTALL SGeMS. The compilation works.

In R, I put :
> library("SGeMS")
> is.loaded("File")
[1] TRUE
> is.loaded("FileGeneral")
[1] TRUE
> is.loaded("FileData")
[1] TRUE
> is.loaded("FileVariogram")
[1] TRUE
> is.loaded("FileDistribution")
[1] TRUE
> FileGeneral("parameters.par",general,3.0)
Error in .Call("FileGeneral", NameFile, general, SK_mean, PACKAGE = "SGeMS")
:
  C symbol name "FileGeneral" not in DLL for package "SGeMS"

So I have a mistake. But I didn't know why.
Is it possible to put folders and subfolders in /src ?

Awaiting reply,

Pauline