[Rd] R CMD CHECK doens't run configure when testing install?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 09:29:43 CEST 2011

Please don't spam multiple lists!

And follow the posting guide: you have not given the reproducible
example asked for, there is no signature block ....

Of course you could waste people's time by submitting a package that
does not past R CMD check, but you are asked to follow a set of checks
in 'Writing R Extensions' and the CRAN workers do not have unlimited
patience ....