[Rd] Start-up messages when Importing from a package

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Fri Jul 22 09:59:39 CEST 2011

Dear List,

I'm building a package  that uses 2 functions of the 'sp' package, and I
declared them in my NAMESPACE file as follow:

importFrom("sp", proj4string, coordinates)

The package is built without any problem, but when I load the package, I
get the following message:

"

         Note: polygon geometry computations in maptools
         depend on the package gpclib, which has a
         restricted licence. It is disabled by default;
         to enable gpclib, type gpclibPermit()

Checking rgeos availability as gpclib substitute:
TRUE
"

However, if I only load the 'sp' package (in a different R session), I
don't get any warning message.

Is there any way I can prevent the warning message appears when I load
my package ?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiairni
FLOODS Action
Land Management and Natural Hazards Unit
European Commission, Joint Research Centre (JRC)
webinfo    : http://floods.jrc.ec.europa.eu/