[Rd] generating HTML help pages

016750 i.aoultchenko at erasmusmc.nl
Fri Jan 28 07:35:23 CET 2011

 Dear All,

 I need to convert all Rd help pages for my package to HTML format in
 order to serve these on our web-server. Ideally, I would like to do that
 as "all docs in single page" and also index page + one html page per Rd
 file.

 Looking through documentation the only clues I could find were

 * R CMD Rdconv --type=html FILE, which does not produce cross-links,
 does not process multiple files, and does not produce index file

 and

 *
 tools::Rd2HTML("pathtopackage/file.Rd",Links=findHTMLlinks("pathtopackage"));
 this will do a better job by producing cross-links, but again, no
 multiple files processing, and no index

 This is not a big deal to make a loop over all files in my "man", and I
 can copy "00Index.html" from library/package/html after install, but I
 wonder if there is a more straightforward way to achieve my aim? Also,
 any suggestions as for generating a single HTML with all help pages of a
 package?

 with best regards, and sorry if I am off-topic,
 Yurii