[Rd] Access R Help Content From R

Roebuck,Paul L proebuck at mdanderson.org
Wed Jan 12 18:23:58 CET 2011

Have UI that simplifies running code from another (internal) package,
allowing user to set values on fields I basically grabbed from results
of calls to formals() for various functions. That works fine for the
most part. But it was requested to investigate some type of popup help
or something for each field.

Since I already wrote the information in the dot-Rd files for what
should be displayed, was wondering if (how) that information could
be accessed. For example, given formal argument 'x' to function 'foo',
I would like to grab the text associated with \item{x} in \arguments{}
section of manual page, preferably without scraping.