[Rd] Set up new CRAN mirror; but have questions before finalizing.

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 19:41:50 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Friedrich Leisch
<friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

>  > Hi, everybody

>  > Maybe you might try it and see?  It has updated several times, no
>  > trouble I can see in that.
>
>  > I have a couple of small details to ask about.  Maybe this first one
>  > is a potential  "bug report" for the CRAN mirror instructions.
>
>  > 1. Permissions on "src" and "web" folders are 700,
>
> Then you must have made a mistake in setting up the mirror, because on
> the master we have 775 for both directories and all directories within
> these two. We also had never complaints about this before.

Greetings, Fritz

I'm surprised too.  All I did was follow the very clear and simple
instructions in the HOWTO. I run this script in the folder where the
web server lives.
$ cat downloadCran.sh
rsync -rtlzv --delete cran.r-project.org::CRAN
/home/freefaculty/freefaculty.org/cran

I promise (sincerely) I changed nothing that forced src or web to 700.

I manually put all the directories to permission 755 and then will run
an update and see if they stay that way.  If all stays well, I'll
notify the address listed in the mirror HOWTO that this thing is in
California.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson